In a one day meet of the Liaison/Nodal officers of NTSS held on 12th July 2013 in room no.202, Chacha Nehru Bhawan , CIET , NIE Campus, and New Delhi-110 016. The meeting was attended by State Liaison/ Nodal Officers, besides officials from MHRD and State Bank of India. Dr. Indrani Bhaduri, Program Coordinator, NTSS welcomed the official and explained the purpose of the meet.
Director NCERT Professor Pravin Sinclair, in her keynote address stressed that if talent is seen through NCF 2005 perspective, then the present form of NTSE needs to be reformed.
During the discussions and deliberations, the following points were finalized:
- The NTS examination for the academic year 2013-14 will be held for class X for selecting 1000 candidates out of 4000 candidates recommended by the state/UTs as per the quota. The state level NTS examination for the year 2013-14 will be conducted on Sunday, 17th November 2013 in all states/UTs except in some states. The national level NTs examination for the session 2013-14 will be held on 11th May 2014.
- The state level examination will consist of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The distribution of time and marks will be as follows :
|Test Type||Marks||Questions||Duration ( in mins.)|
|Scholastic Test||Language Comprehensive Test||40||40||45|
3. In order to have uniformity in the format of the questions at the state level NTSe , it was decided that the number of questions allocated for each subject will be :
Pol. Science -10
The questions framed at the state level for SAT will be based on the syllabus for class IX and X as prescribed by the different examination boards in the respective states/UTs.
4. The qualifying marks will be 40% for general and 32% for SC/ST/PD candidates.
5. It was agreed that, negative marking will be introduced for this year at National Level only.
6. Important Dates :
|Stage-1 ( State)||Last Date for Submission of Application Form||31st August 2013|
|Examination in Mizoram,Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands||16th November 2013|
|Examination in All other states and UT||17th November 2013|
|Stage- II ( National)||Examination in All other states and UT||11th May 2014 ( Sunday)|
7. The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must adhere to the last date for submission of the application form. Different states may have different last dates for submission. Please confirm from the liaison officer of you state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted. The state wise contact of the liaison officers is available on the NCERT website.
8. Fees: States and UT may notify the fee required which will be paid for the stage-1 Examination. Therefore submitting the application form, you may find out the fee charged for Stage-I examination and also the mode of payment from the respective state Liaison Officers. However no fee will be charged for Stage- II.
- Instructions for the Candidates/principal of Schools for Filling the Application Form for STSE 2013-14 : *Use Legal (8.5” X 14”) size paper for taking print.
Instructions for filling up the application form for State Level National Talent Search Examination
- The application form is meant for the students appearing at the State Level NTS examination conducted by each state/UT.
- The candidate/ Principal shall submit the form directly to the state/UT liaison officer only.
- The candidate/Principal must deposit the application fee, if any, prescribed by state/UTs with application form.
- The candidate/Principal should leave the 4-Digit Centre code blank, to be filled by the liaison officer / other authorities.