National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them. This year NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X.
There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage –I selection is done by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh through a written examination. Top ten students from amongst the eligible candidates (as per the reservation policy of UT Chandigarh) who qualify Stage-I will be recommended to appear for Stage II examination conducted by NCERT.
Important Dates: Dates for submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form in State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT),Sector 32,UT Chandigarh is 31st August, 2016
- Date of Examination for UT Chandigarh (Stage 1) is 6h November, 2016 (Sunday)
Eligibility to appear in the examination:
- Scored grade B2 and above or 61% and above marks in Class IX examination (in the academic session 2015-16) and has been promoted to class X (in the academic session 2016-17).
- 5% relaxation in marks for reserved category
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of the particular year), the student is not employed and she/he is appearing in class X examination for the first time.
Merit List: The minimum qualifying marks in each paper will be 40% for general category and 32 % for reserved category students. Language comprehensive test will be qualifying in nature and marks will not be added for deciding final merit of the candidate. Top ten students from amongst the eligible candidates (as per the reservation policy of UT Chandigarh) who qualify Stage-I will be recommended to appear for Stage II examination conducted by NCERT in May, 2017
State Quota: Union Territory Chandigarh has been allotted a quota of 10 seats for scholarship. The division of seats will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
Application Form: Application Forms can be collected from the office of Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh or can be downloaded from the website of State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector-32, Chandigarh i.e. www://siechd.nic.in. All correspondence relating to application form and other details should be addressed to the State Liaison Officer – Mrs. Mamta Sharma.
Download Application Form For Chandigarh NTSE 2017:Chandigarh NTSE 2016-17 Application Form
The completed application form duly signed by the Principal of the school should be submitted to the Director, SCERT before the last date i.e. 31st August 2016.
Announcement of Results: Result of the State Level NTSE will be announced by SCERT in the last week of December 2016.